How to make play dough at home
This recipe makes 1 coloured ball of play dough. Explore colours and shapes by making a few different ones for an afternoon of creative fun.
You will need:
- 8 tablespoons of plain flour
- 2 tablespoons of table salt
- 60ml warm water
- food colouring
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
1. Mix the flour and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl mix together the water, a few drops of food colouring and the oil.
2. Pour the coloured water into the flour mix and bring together with a spoon.
3. Dust a work surface with a little flour and turn out the dough. Knead together for a few minutes to form a smooth, pliable dough. If you want a more intense colour you can work in a few extra drops of food colouring.
4. Store in a plastic sandwich bag (squeeze out the air) in the fridge to keep it fresh. You can make a batch of colours to provide endless creative possibilities.
Tip – Ensure surfaces that are likely to stain are covered. Trays and placemats are a good way to keep the fun contained!